Monday, February 13, 2012

Sloppy Chicken


So, most of you know that I have a home-based business. I am a Team Leader with The Pampered Chef. I love the company, but I LOVE the products. I've been buying the products for about 12 or 13 years, and I still have the first product I ever purchased! (The Food Chopper) So over the years my collection of PC products has grown and grown. My favorite item ever, ever, EVER, is the Deep Covered Baker! (DCB) My consultant and now Director, Suzanne forced me, against my will ;) to order from a show a couple of years ago . . . I think I got it with free $money$ from being a host, but it may have been a half price item . . . I don't rightly remember. I was just convinced that I was not going to like it. Boy was I ever wrong! I love it so much, that I now own two, and could certainly use another, to keep in my show kit. I love cooking in it, it's so fast and easy, especially in the microwave! Yes, the microwave. One of my favorite things to cook in it is what our family calls "Sloppy Chicken" . . . kind of like Sloppy Joes, but with chicken - duh! Anyhow, so this is what you do . . . you take chicken (boneless, skinless), thawed or frozen and put them in the DCB, sprinkle them with our Smoky Barbeque Rub, put the lid on and put in the microwave on high. Either way, frozen or thawed, start it for about 8 minutes in the DCB. After that, check it and see if it's done - it won't be, unless you used 2 small chicken breasts. Then maybe it would be done. If they are not done, you may want to rearrange them just a bit, and add more time . . . repeat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (I make 2.5-3 pounds of chicken at a time, and that takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes) While that is cooking, whip up some BBQ sauce - the homemade kind! it's the best. So, you'll need 1 cup of catsup/ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar - doesn't matter light or dark, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white if that's all you have), and 2 TBS of our Smoky Barbeque Rub. Mix it all up and just revel in the wonderful smell for a moment! Yu-u-mmy! Okay, so the chicken is done - cooked through, to 165 right? Take a minute to check out how juicy and tender it is - if you've ever had microwaved chicken before, this will change your mind on it! So, the next step is to shred the chicken . . . if you have The Pampered Chef's Salad Choppers, that is perfect! They will shred right through that chicken! And, it's so easy . . . if you don't, you'll have to double fork the chicken to death. Once it's shredded/chopped up nice and small, add the sauce and serve on buns. My kids love this recipe, and I love that my daughter can make it all on her own. It's so easy and so good, that anyone can do it. Even me, and I am certainly Not the Perfect Chef. Enjoy! Just in case you were wondering . . . my PC website is www.pamperedchef.biz/trinette Check it out if you want, if not, just stay tuned here for more of the little bit I know. I'm sure the DCB will be an item that is mentioned often, because as I said before . . . it is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment